Once you have provided your referencing information, using our online system, and you have passed an initial credit reference check, we will ask you to pay a holding deposit to reserve the property whilst reference checks and preparation for a tenancy agreement are undertaken. The holding deposit will be £100 or one weeks rent if that is a smaller sum. We only accept one holding deposit at any one time.
We will provide you with a draft copy of the standard tenancy agreement before taking the holding deposit.
We will agree the timescale for your proposed tenancy. The landlord will usually have two weeks to enter into a tenancy agreement with you once a holding deposit has been paid. This is the ‘deadline for agreement’. However, we may agree a different deadline for agreement with you.
We will refund your holding deposit in full within 7 days of you either entering into a tenancy agreement before the deadline for agreement, or if the landlord withdraws from the proposed agreement.
We will keep your holding deposit if you have provided false or misleading information, or if you fail a right to rent check, or if you withdraw from a property or if you fail to take all reasonable steps to enter into a tenancy agreement by the deadline.
Please note – if you have undeclared ccj’s, previous missed and late payments or your income is not as disclosed upon your referencing application you will lose your holding deposit.
Summary of ‘permitted payment’ charges (fees you will be required to pay): –
We have a scale of charges available on request, on-line and on display in our office.
• Rent arrears - please see tenancy agreement.
• Lost keys, other security devices - £50 + VAT (£60) or our reasonable costs if higher to include the cost of replacement keys and security devices - payable in advance.
• At the tenant’s request - change of tenant details, change to tenancy agreement, novation of contract at tenant’s request - £50 + VAT (£60) or our reasonable costs if higher payable in advance.
• At the tenant’s request - early termination or surrender of tenancy – costs will vary but will include reasonable costs for advertising, administration, landlord’s loss of rent until the end of the contractual tenancy and referencing charges for new tenants. Details available upon specific request.
• Non-attendance at a booked contractor’s appointment £50 + VAT (£60) or our reasonable costs if higher or lower.
All Charges are Non-Refundable once paid.
• First Month’s Rent must be paid;
• Security Deposit must be paid (5 weeks rent minimum or as advised) or in the case of the Let Alliance ‘nil deposit’ scheme applying to the property paying a premium equivalent to one weeks rent.
All Rent and Deposit Payments must be in cleared funds before keys will be released