Believed to have been built originally in the 1930s and occupying an extremely rare and magnificent site of 0.65 acres is this fabulous home. The property is approached from Elmfield Park, with a lovely boundary wall and pillared surround to the double gates which lead into an open courtyard (electricity has been supplied to these pillars for automation to be applied to the gates if required). There is a double length garage which is detached from the house.
The house itself has magnificent gardens and grounds. The gardens have been very well landscaped by the owners. The rear garden features a number of raised up timber deck and patio areas. The large lawned garden to the rear is south and west facing and is mature and private. The rear terrace to the foreground of the house is ideal for entertaining.
Sun Court is a very impressive house, which has an entrance vestibule leading through to the reception hall which connects to a cloakroom/wc. The main sitting room is to the front and rear of the property, with a fabulous open recess and fireplace and lovely bay window. The garden room also leads from the hall and has double doors onto the terrace. The family room enjoys a westerly aspect with double doors onto the patio and also connects through to the dining room at the front of the house. A stunning kitchen was added to the property in 2006. It is finished in light colours, with folding concertina doors leading out onto the garden, opening the garden into the room throughout the year. The beautiful gloss white cabinets and corian worktops contrast very well with the double height ceiling void, the triple height glazed windows and beautiful spotlighting. This is a magnificent room and is very well equipped with integrated with Bosch appliances. It leads on to a utility & laundry room with separate wc. To the first floor the landing leads on to the master bedroom, which has its own walk-in dressing room and en-suite shower room/wc (newly equipped by July 2010) with a Villeroy & Boch suite and a wet room. There are three further double bedrooms, one with a walk-in wardrobe and a single bedroom. There is also a family bathroom which requires modernising and a separate wc. The roof void is tall and shows obvious potential for conversion to provide further bedroom accommodation if required, subject to suitable planning and building consent.
Sun Court is a very special property located in the heart of Gosforth and one of very few houses which enjoys a magnificent setting and grounds. Its has the potential to offer even larger accommodation if required, subject to planning and building consent. The property retains much of its 1930s style and character and yet enjoys the modern convenience of under-floor heating to the kitchen extension and the en-suite bathroom. It has gas radiator central and an alarm system. Sun Court is a beautiful home in a magnificent setting for which viewing is strongly recommended.
The property comprises: Access is to the front of the house, with a beautiful arched entrance portico leading through to:
- Entrance vestibule With doormat well, rush matting and an internal glazed and panelled door connecting through to:
- Reception hall With parquet wood flooring, wood panelling to the walls, cornicing and central heating radiators which are concealed by seating either side of the internal glazed windows which lead through to the garden room. From the reception hall access leads to the under-stairs store cupboard with shelving and cloak pegs.
- Cloakroom With hanging rail space, shelving, close coupled wc, corner wash basin and single panelled radiator.
- Sitting room (front & rear facing) 21'1 x 23'3 (6.44m x 7.08m) measurements into fireplace and bay windows With arched semi circular recess housing the large fireplace with open grate and coal burning effect gas fire insert, large bay window at the rear overlooking the garden and terrace, curved skirting boards, ceiling coving, infra red alarm sensor, TV aerial point and double panelled and single panelled radiators.
- Garden room (rear facing) 14'11 x 11'1 (4.55m x 3.37m) measurements into bay window With decorative plaster work to the ceiling, painted beams, bay window with glazed double doors onto the garden and terrace, infra red alarm sensor, wall lighting and attractive spotlighting into the recessed areas.
- Family room (rear facing) 18'2 x 17'0 (5.55m x 5.18m) With bay window at the rear and glazed doors onto the rear terrace, stripped wood floor boarding, wood shelving to one wall recess which accommodates spacing for a plasma screen TV, double panelled and single panelled radiators, cornice detailing, infra red alarm sensor and glazed double doors linking through to:
- Dining room (front facing) 12'2 x 20'5 (3.72m x 6.24m) A lovely bright room with stripped wood floor boarding, cross leaded windows overlooking the front approach the to house, single panelled radiator, cornice detailing, infra red alarm sensor and door to a storage cupboard housing the electric meters and fuse box.
- Kitchen/breakfasting room (front & rear facing) 26'0 x 18'3 increasing to 23'7 at the rear (7.93m x 5.56m increasing to 7.2m) The kitchen provides a magnificent extension which was architecturally designed by Tony Scullion and features a triple height glazed window which gives magnificent space to the room and structure. It has further natural light from the Velux windows within the roof pitch. The extension was added in 2006 and has beautiful open concertina doors which fold back and give a large open space onto the rear timber deck and terrace, as well as the magnificent west and south facing gardens. The white painted walls contrast very well with the white ceramic flooring. The kitchen is comprehensively equipped with a range of high gloss white finished base, wall and drawer cabinets, which were supplied by Elite Interiors and are further complemented by corian worktop surfaces. There is a central island unit supporting the main structural work, with double sink unit and a breakfast bar. Built-in appliances include a Bosch five ring gas hob finished in stainless steel with an extractor hood above, a Bosch microwave oven and two electric single ovens and a Samsung American refrigerator/freezer. To the opposite side of the room there is a study and computer station with shelving, as well as a walk-in pantry with excellent storage. Further features include beautiful lighting and infra red alarm sensor.
- Utility & laundry room (front facing) 8'5 x 14'5 (2.56m x 4.24m) measurements include entrance passageway Well equipped with storage space beneath the worktop surfaces for a washing machine and tumble dryer, stainless steel single drainer sink unit, ceramic tiled floor, fitted shelving, cloak pegs, alarm control panel, electric circuit breaker controls and panelled and glazed door leading onto the front of the property.
- Separate WC Comprising close coupled wc, wash hand basin with mirror above and Expelair unit. Returning to the reception hall the staircase leads up to the first floor landing, with a three quarter landing overlooking the front approach the house.
- First floor landing With cornice detailing and seven doors leading off to further accommodation.
- Bedroom one (front & rear facing) 15'3 x 20'8 (4.65m x 6.3m) Enjoying a lovely view and aspect over the gardens at the front and rear, arched recessed area with storage cupboards surrounding the chimney breast, two single panelled radiators, telephone point and wall lighting.
- Walk-in dressing room With hanging rail and shelving, dressing table, fitted wall lighting and side window.
- En-suite bathroom Enjoying good natural lighting from the double height ceiling void. The bathroom is in the process of being refitted and has recently been re-plastered. It will be fitted by July 2010 with a modern Villeroy & Boch suite comprising double wash basin, close coupled wc, double wet room with rainforest shower head, tasteful wall tiling, under-floor heating and two contemporary radiators. The natural light from the Velux windows and the side windows will be a feature of the room.
- Bedroom two (rear facing) 14'4 x 14'5 (4.41m x 4.39m) measurements into the bay window With bay window overlooking the west facing gardens, stripped wood floor boarding, cornice detailing and central heating radiator.
- Bedroom three (rear facing) 14'8 x 16'3 (4.49m x 4.96m) A lovely room which has a dark stained wood floor, single panelled radiator, super views to the south, wall lighting, cornice detailing and a beautiful stone fireplace surround with open grate insert.
- Walk-in wardrobe With hanging rail and storage space.
- Bedroom four (front facing) 12'2 x 8'10 (3.72m x 2.7m) With stripped wood floor boarding, single panelled radiator, book shelving, telephone point and pleasant view to the front of the property.
- Bedroom five (front facing) 8'6 x 9'11 (2.59m x 3.02m) Currently used as a dressing room, with open hanging rail, fireplace surround with built-in store cupboards to one side, single panelled radiator and pleasant view over the front approach to the property.
- Family bathoom Comprising large cast iron bath set into a tiled surround with mixer tap and handheld shower, pedestal wash hand basin, ceramic tiling to the walls, double panelled radiator, built-in shelved storage cupboard, opaque glazing to the window, fitted mirror and shaver socket. The bathroom does show potential for modernising and updating.
- Separate WC Comprising low level suite and tiled walls. From the first floor landing there is a pull-down ladder leading into the roof space, which provides a large storage area and equally shows opportunity (subject to planning and building consent) for conversion work, to provide further bedroom accommodation if required.
- Externally The gardens and grounds to the property extend to approximately 0.65 acres and include wrought iron gates in brick pillars with a brick boundary wall facing onto Elmfield Park. The gates open up into a large open courtyard and parking area which is gravelled and connects to:
- Double garage 10'1 x 33'11 (3.08m x 10.35m) With fluorescent tube lighting, eaves storage space, shelving, power and folding screen doors.
- Gardens The front gardens are beautiful, with large brick boundaries to the flower and shrub borders which are very well stocked with an abundance of flowers and plants. The mature trees give good screening to the site and the exterior of the property is well protected with wall lighting and up lighters surrounding the gravelled drive. To the rear of the house the gardens continue to be an outstanding feature of this house. It is extremely rare to find such beautiful gardens in the heart of Gosforth and enjoying such proportions and size. The owners have invested considerable time and effort creating a beautiful terrace deck and entertaining area to the foreground of the house. The timber boarding continues and provides a pathway leading down the northern boundary, adjacent to raised up timber beds with built-in spotlights. There are a number of private sitting areas set between the mature trees and the stone boundary walls. The pathway then continues in stone, circumnavigating the large rectangular lawned garden. The beautiful walkway and trees to the western boundary reconnect to the timber path, with spotlighting and rockery beds. The rear terrace leading from the principal reception rooms is set with beautiful stone work and provides an ideal space for summer barbecues. To the north western corner of the house there is a glazed store area with shelving, ideal for garden equipment, as well as a separate boiler room and timber gate leading onto the front approach to the house. The gardens surrounding Sun Court are magnificent and the opportunity to acquire such a site is extremely rare.