Daily Mail

Renting a property on housing benefit

Hi, I am a mature student with two children and on housing benefit, is it possible to rent?

Asked on Feb 23 2010, Renting in Rainham | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Hi We would suggest that you contact your local authority who should have a list of private landlords that accept DSS or Housing Benefit. They will also be able to recommend local agents who also deal with Housing Benefit. Also, a good website for private landlords is gumtree. You can search in your area for landlords who will take dss and they have their numbers direct. Good Luck Harringtons Lettings

    Answered on Feb 27 2010, Report content
  • Ensure you have a deposit available as the council usually don't provide one and a homeowner guarantor as the majority of agents will ask for one.

    Answered on Dec 28 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Renting in Rainham questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Renting